Last Updated 18/05/2018
Icon Health & Fitness Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which we will process any personal data that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. Please read the following policy carefully to understand how we use your personal data.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016, the data controller is Icon Health & Fitness Ltd, 4 Westgate Court, Fryers Way, Silkwood Park, Ossett WF5 9TT
Information We Collect & When
Some of the information we collect from Users of the ICON Sites can be used to identify the User and some cannot. For example, we collect from Users of the ICON Sites (1) "Personally Identifiable Information" which is information that can be used to locate you, contact you, or determine your specific identity (such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, user name, etc.) and (2) "aggregate information" which is information about your activities on an ICON Site or in connection with an ICON Service that cannot be used to identify, locate, or contact you (such as frequency of visits to ICON Sites, data entered when using ICON Sites, ICON Site pages most frequently accessed, browser type, links a User clicks, IP address, and other similar information).
How We Use Collected Information
We may collect and process the following data about our users:
1. When you use a credit card to pay for an ICON Service or Product, we ask for your name, address, credit card and credit card-related information.
2. Once you have created an account, you may complete your profile by providing additional Personally Identifiable Information about yourself.
3. When you connect your ICON Site account with your Facebook account or other social media account we will have access to the publicly available information from your Facebook or other social media page, and Facebook or other social media site will have access to information you log through an ICON Site while logged onto your ICON Site account through Facebook or the other social media site.
4. When you enter a contest, sweepstakes or promotion through an ICON Site.
5. When you submit comments, feedback, or suggestions through an ICON Site.
IP Addresses, Cookies & Similar Technologies
1. When you visit an ICON Site, even if you are not logged in, we gather information about your computer operating system (e.g., Windows XP or Mac OS), your "IP Address," the web browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer) being used, the referring website information, usage data regarding your activity on such ICON Site, including what web pages you visit or share, what functions you use, as well as overall time spent on that ICON Site. We use this data for internal analysis about the ICON Sites’ performance and services. This is statistical data about our Users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
2. We may obtain information about your general internet usage using technologies such as “Cookies”, which store information on the hard drive of your computer. This helps improve ICON Sites and to deliver a better and more personalised service. This enables ICON Sites to:
a. Understand visitor numbers
b. To store information about a Users preferences, and so allow ICON to customise the ICON Sites according to a Users interests and offer goods and services that we believe will be of interest.
c. To speed up searches; and
d. To recognise you when you return to one of ICON Sites
To find out more about cookies, including how to control and disable them, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
3. ICON Sites use Google Analytics and other monitoring software. These type of technologies also allow the proprietor of the technology to also access your information. ICON has no control over how your information is processed by these 3rd parties. Please read the privacy policies of the providers to understand how your information may be used.
4. 3rd party services that ICON Sites use are:
a. Google Analytics
5. Other technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of the ICON Sites. Web beacons are tiny graphics which are embedded in the webpage and are used for similar purposes as cookies to track activity. We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer to visitors of the ICON Sites, to deliver targeted advertisements, and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
6. Information collected by third-parties. We may allow third-parties, including our authorised service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on the ICON Sites. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. The ICON Sites do not provide any personal information to these third-parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness.
You can refuse to supply Personally Identifiable Information, but it may prevent you from having access to an ICON Site’s full functionality. The ICON Sites allow you to edit and update your personal information and preferences at any time. Once you have created an account and log in to an ICON Site.
How We Use Collected Information
We collect and use your Personally Identifiable Information for the following purposes:
To personalise user experience:
● We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use ICON Services and resources provided on the ICON Sites.
To improve the ICON Sites and your User experience:
● We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
● We may use information we gather about you to display data trends based on different demographics, make offers and discounts available to you, among other things.
To provide customer service:
● Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
● When a User submits questions or comments to us, we may use that information to respond to the User.
● By creating an account with us and confirming that you will Opt-In, you agree that we may contact you by phone, email, mail, or text message to respond to questions that you submit to us.
To process transactions:
To send periodic emails and printed materials:
● The address and email address Users provide will be used to send them information, sales offers, and updates pertaining to their ICON Services. Such addresses may also be used to respond to Users, and/or other requests or questions. By creating an account on an ICON Site, and opting-in to our mailing list, Users will receive emails and/or mail that may include company news, updates, sales information, related product or service information, etc. We may send offers and communications to Users after any subscription or membership to an ICON Service has concluded. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails or mail, they may do so by contacting us via the "unsubscribe" link on an ICON Site.
For our marketing purposes:
● We may use the information Users provide to display targeted advertising or other content that we think may be of interest to the User based on information the User has shared with us.
● We may provide data mining services to third-parties interested in better understanding our Users such as aggregate information about the ICON Sites’ user base, including interests, purchases made, so that such parties may determine if they would like to advertise to our Users.
● By registering an account, you agree that we may contact you at the phone number you have provided us, even if your number is on a do-not-call list or a wireless number, for our marketing purposes.
We may connect and link your information with the information provided by you to any ICON Site.
When you purchase our products or services, you will be asked to provide credit card and/or billing information and email address. ICON Sites use 3rd party payment processors, when you enter your financial information (e.g. credit card data), the transaction is completed on the payment processors website. Your credit card information cannot be seen by our agents and is never stored in our systems. We will use the information provided in connection with a User's purchase to process your order and for no other purpose.
When We Share Your Personal Information
We may provide Personally Identifiable Information to our authorized service providers who assist us in providing ICON Services and performing functions on our behalf. They are prevented from using it in any other way.
We will disclose information we maintain when required by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to requests from law enforcement agencies or other public agencies if we feel that such disclosure may prevent the instigation of a crime.
Accessing Your Information
The GDPR gives you the right to access the information held about you. A User can find out if we hold any personal information by making a “data subject access request”. If ICON holds a Users information about you ICON will:
1. Give you a description of it;
2. Tell you why we are holding it;
3. Tell you who it could be disclosed to; and;
4. Let the User have a copy
Any formal data subject access requests should be made in writing to the address below. The will be provided FOC. However, we may charge a reasonable fee for repetitive unfounded, or excessive requests or additional copies.
How to Update or Change your Information
If at anytime a User wishes to change their information, the User can contact ICON, providing the updated information.
If a User wishes to opt-out of email notifications and communications the User can contact ICON.
Third Party Websites
Users may find advertising or other content on the ICON Sites that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from the ICON Sites. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to an ICON Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
ICON shares no affiliation with any political party or its views. ICON ads visible on political websites are there as a result of remarketing, not a partnership, affiliation, or endorsement.
Remarketing lets us show ads to people who have visited the ICON Sites. When people leave an ICON Site without buying anything, remarketing helps us reconnect with them by showing relevant ads across their different devices and websites. The ads simply follow the user to the sites they visit.
Your Acceptance Of These Terms
Ifit Sleep Sensor And Ifit Sleep App
The ICON Sites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the ICON Sites or on or through any of the ICON Services or features, make any purchases through the ICON Sites, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the ICON Sites or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 years of age, please contact us at the contact information provided below.
4 Westgate Court
+ 44 (0) 845 177 0512
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business requirement to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How Long Will You Use My Personal Data For?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
1. Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
2. Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
3. Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
4. Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
5. Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
6. Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
7. Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please see the “Contacting Us” section